View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

Hi, everyone! I'm new here & this is the first time I've participated in any digital scrapbooking challenge ever, so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong!

Total Points: 30 - Yay!

#1 Create a page that starts with the color being light at the bottom and then gets progressively darker as you move up the page. - 2 pts

#3 The mixture of shapes and colors in these vintage quilts by Daintytime are amazing! Use one of them as inspiration for your next layout. - 2 pt. | I was inspired by this quilt. It looks like it has been put together, then cut apart & rearranged, then put back together.

#4 I love how the paint makes the photos on this page POP! Create a page of your own using a white background and layers of paint or masks to make your photos pop. - 2pt.

#5 Typography is amazing. Use this poster as inspiration to use one letter for two words. Get creative - slice, dice and mix it up! 2 pt.

#9 Nothing makes me happier than learning new ways to edit my photos. There are tons of tutorials on photo editing on this site. Go there and pick an edit to try on one of your photos. Make sure you tell us which one you used! - 2 pts. | This was my favourite challenge! That site has amazing tutorials. I followed the 'Storybook Vintage Flashback' tutorial.'

#14 Squares + different patterns? YES, PLEASE! Use 10 different papers in some composition with squares! 2pts.

#16 Clare Caufield's pen-and-ink drawings are beautiful, fun, and whimsical. Use one of her featured artwork as a jumping-off point for a layout. - 2pts | I was inspired by the her drawing of Paris with all the pink in it!

#17 Do you feel a bit stuck with *how* to tell your story? Ali Edwards has a free video series with various techniques she uses on her pages. Try one of them on a layout. - 2pts. | In video #2 Ali talks about repetition, beginning each sentence with the same phrase. One phrase she suggested was "I want to remember ..."

#20 This is such a beautiful white layout. Use it as inspiration to create your own monochromatic layout in any color you choose. You may have an accent color, but your page should focus on various shades of a single color. - 2 pts.

#21 One pinner had a cute idea to frame these speech bubbles and use a dry erase marker to write down cute quotes (said by kids, friends, etc.). I love the idea of documenting memorable quotes, so be inspired to create a page that includes a speech bubble and documents a quote you want to remember. - 2 pts.

#23 Be inspired by The Lonely Planet website where readers tell their travel stories in 140 characters or less. Create a page that tells a story of travel adventure you have had or you hope to have one day. - 2 pts

#24 Paper to Digi Challenge - pick any layout from this gallery by the fabulous Vivian Masket and lift it digi style. Don't forget to link us up to the layout that you are lifting. - 2 pts | I lifted her layout of Austin.

#26 This quilt is just darling! I love the hearts using different fabrics, in the shape of a larger heart! Use lots of patterned papers and create a similar effect on your page! - 2pts.

#30 I love this list of books on the Dallas County Community College's Summer Reading pinboard! What's on your Summer Reading list? How many books have you read so far this Summer? Create a layout showcasing your summer reading list! - 2 pts.

#31 Cool things off and think Christmas in July! Be inspired by this cute birthday party idea and create a layout that features your favorite December holiday. Think Christmas, New Year's Eve, Hanukkah, etc. - 2 pts

Total Points: 30 - Yay!

Last edited by MelanieB; 07-30-2013 at 04:38 PM.