Thread: Girl Scouts?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a Girl Scout Registrar, a troop leader for Brownies and co-leader for a Cadettes. Registration should only be $12.00 for your daughter and then if you decide you want to assist, you can register as well for the same amount. As someone said there is financial aid for registration fees as well as troop dues - amount for the last part can be up to $99. and can be used for dues, activities, patches and uniforms. The forms should be available through your troop leader and/or neighborhood representative/council.

Daisies can sell cookies and fall products (nuts/magazines) now which was not always the case. I opted not to do it because it is a LOT of work and I always thought it was nice not to have to deal with it in Daisies. However, you can earn a lot of monies if you have a certain activity in mind and don't want the parents to pay a lot.

Troop dues are up to the leaders and are based on what they plan on doing with the girls. As far as how much of your time is involved - that is up to you. My suggestion is to see how things are run and if you feel the urge - then volunteer for something small. But I won't lie that is how I started when I offered to do scrapbooks 9 years ago and now look...lol! Have fun and enjoy.....