View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsierra View Post
Well said and summarized Lena!!

I think the last silent scenes of the wreckage was not meant to imply they all died on impact...I think it was more an "in memoriam" to the show, if that makes sense.

Everything that happened in the finale confirms for me all that Lena said. And more than that...as I digest it more I feel like the finale confirms the show was more about how they were lost soul-wise, not location wise, the journey of how they were redeemed. It was about themes of science and faith, body and spirit, good and evil...and how they grew and evolved and became better and ultimately let go. The finale beautifully moved me to a place of "letting go" too, of all that I think the creators were trying to say "wasn't the point" (the unanswered questions, the plot points that weren't filled in, etc). It was a character study in the end, a show about the big thematic stuff and the other "little" stuff was largely irrelevant in the end. For me anyway. And what I thought was unique and cool about it, is they framed it in a way where each viewer could apply their own life lessons and belief systems to it, and interpret it in that context. And I personally ended up walking away not caring so much about the unexplained bits.
Very well-said sweetie!!