View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Ok just had a chance to watch this last night and as a watcher from day one, I am really really disappointed in how the show ended. I think the finale was essentially a mushy look back at all the things/people we loved about the show, but it didn't really truly wrap things up / explain things for me. I'm still not exactly sure why I feel this way, but for me I didn't think the finale really truly related to all of the things we've spent the last 6 years watching.

Half way through the finale as Jack and Flocke are starting to walk to the heart of the island together, Flocke determined to destroy the island, Jack going to protect it, more and more flash sideways characters starting to have their awakening, I thought the profound ending was going to be that even if Flocke succeeded in destroying the island, with people remembering all that had happened and what they had been through together on the island, essentially it couldn't be destroyed. A gone but not forgotten sort of parallel universe.

The fact that it was all some weird way of connecting again in the afterlife just didn't make sense in my book. I don't think you spend 6 seasons talking about all this mythology and weird stuff and the island as this huge character and then at the end say "but none of that was important because the character's connection was the main thing here".

I dunno... bleh pretty much is how I feel after watching that.