View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I've breastfed in public many times. I never had anything hanging out because I wore nursing clothes and carefully chosen layers or nursed while the baby was in a carrier. I personally hate those nursing cover ups; the minute you put one on, EVERYONE knows what you're doing. I was a lot more comfortable my way. I carried on conversations with people who were a foot away and had no idea I was nursing.

I can understand a business asking someone not to flash, LOL, but they should never ask them to leave for nursing a baby.

Here are a couple photo of me nursing that I took for a debate like this a while back. I actually should have worn a different shirt for the photo. The neckline is so low that in the photo you can't see any shirt at all. In reality it was pushed up so that it blocked the view from the top and the baby and carrier kept you from seeing anything below the shirt's neckline.
Rachel, I remember once I was at a BBQ and was sitting across from my friend who was a little breastfeeding phobic. I was nursing Judah. Suddenly the friend says "you shouldn't tempt him like that, he'll want to eat." I smiled and said "he is eating." The look on his face was priceless.