View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
I wish things just never got dirty or magically cleaned themselves every night.
LOL, Col. I could totally get on board with that. Where's the cleaning fairy when you need her?

I don't really mind laundry but that's probably because with only two of us, it's not exactly that hard. If I was having to do loads every day, I probably wouldn't like it either.

Adam and I are actually each do our own laundry. He takes care of his clothes and military uniforms and I do my own clothes and any sheets, towels, etc.

He also does most of the ironing but that's because he's a pro at it from all the years when he had to iron his military uniform. We only iron things as needed though, so it's never more than a shirt or two at a time and usually it's a shirt he's ironing for himself to wear. I try to take all my clothes out of the dryer as soon as they're done and lay them flat so even if I don't put them away right away, they don't get wrinkled. And if I come back from a trip and everything is wrinkled from being in a suitcase, I'll just rewash everything because it is way easier than ironing, haha.

I also stopped using drawers a few years ago, everything is either hanging or in open shelving or bins, which I love it because it makes it so easy to put everything away (minimal folding!) and I can see everything I own really easily. We do have a dresser but only Adam uses it. I would much rather hang stuff on hangers than fold it into drawers.