View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshobbes View Post
I think the only minor complaint I have had more to do with the camera work--it was a LOT of seemingly handheld camera movements. I understand its significance since there's a lot of shifting back and forth from 3rd person POV to 1st person POV, and it adds depth to the story, but it got a leeeeeeeeettle too much for me and I just wanted it to stop bouncing up and down, lol.
THIS! I was really getting fed up with the camera work. Not only the bounciness of the camera, but the shallow depth of field and lack of focus. It was really overused and honestly ruined the movie for me a bit. I was dying to see people's faces more, to see the environment more clearly. I think they missed out on a lot of possibilities by choosing to film the way they did. However, because of the way it was filmed many details were lost (i.e. you didn't actually see people getting killed as clearly... maybe this was what kept the rating at PG-13).

Also, I was a little disappointed with the actress who played Katniss. She was kind of soft to me... not as hardened and angry as her character seemed in the books. She seemed too... soft. But she sure was gorgeous!

My favorite character in the movie was Haymitch! The rest of them just didn't reach their full potential.