View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
I think we ready stories hoping for a happy ending, especially when they are as dark as the Hunger Games. I read the 3rd book over Independence Day weekend, and as many things are broken in the US right now, I felt all right because Mockingjay was so much worse.

I think Suzanne Collins must have had her heart broken a million times over and wanted the whole world to feel that way. Build us up with hope during the first two books, then break us down with the last because there is no hope for humanity. Everyone is greedy and power hungry, so it's just not worth it.
I so disagree. While the world can be a dark, dismal place, there are always good people and hope for humanity. Each child born into this world is proof of God's love and His hope for us all. And despite the many things wrong with our country, we are still one of the greatest countries on this planet. We represent that hope in so many ways. I think it is even more important in the dark times to remember that.

I think she went wrong in the end with the book and maybe it was because she was trying to convey a bigger message but I think she failed in that respect as well. That much grief, anger, hatred is too overwhelming to convey much except grief, anger and hatred.