View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
My 14 year old is CAT CRAZY. He would love a hairless so much! How well do they fit in with the fuzzy variety? Do they have to be kept indoors? None of our cats are forced to be outside but we have a few boys that spend a lot of time outdoors and it is hard to keep them from bolting if they want out.
Originally we were going to get a hairless kitty a year or so after we got our bengal kitty. In all of the Bengal groups, they get along so well with the hairless cats. From what I've learned and know of my own two, hairless kitties are so social and almost accepting of anything! They want to love our cranky chihuahua, but he doesn't like them in return! So yes, if introduced correctly, they will get along with your furry family members!

Hairless cats need to live indoors. However in the warmer months, you can take your cats outside with sunscreen so that they don't develop skin cancer or burn their skin. I wouldn't recommend taking the cats out just because we move far too often and I don't want our cats to get out at our next location, not know where they live and get lost. Plus hairless cats are expensive, so if you let them out unattended, people WILL steal them and you will lose your furbaby!

We love our hairless cats. We love that while my daughter is deathly allergic to cats, we can have not just one, but TWO hairless cats! They are so social, so intuitive of our needs. My son was having an asthma attack in the middle of the night. My daughter's cat got up and went to his side, trying to calm him down so he could breathe through it. Our other cat, which is my other daughters, meets her at the door every weekday when she comes home from school. He also makes sure she gets up with her alarm in the morning as well as with her nightmares, he goes in her room and either wakes her up or snuggles with her until she calms down in her sleep. Both of our cats will be ESA's for our children. Currently only one of them is registered with housing as an ESA. The second one will be done hopefully before the end of the year. He was supposed to be the "family" cat, but he picked my daughter. When both of the girls move out of the house, they will take each of their kitties--at that rate, they'll probably have to get a second kitty because these cats are social and would be lonely being broken apart when they move out with their owner.