View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This type of episode is exactly why I decided to STOP reading the books for now. I watched the first season and I loved how I was on the edge of my seat every week. A friend had warned me that Martin kills off a lot of his main characters but I didn't really believe Ned would be beheaded!

After the first season ended, I went back and read the book and enjoyed how it filled in the story. Then I was hooked by the cliff-hanger ending and immediately read the second book before the second season was released. But then, I found that I didn't enjoy the second season nearly as much since I had already read the book. I knew what was going to happen and I kept comparing what I imagined or knew from the book with how they did it in the show and it really pulled me out of the story.

So I forced myself to stop reading after the second book and once again I have LOVED this season. That wedding episode blew me away (just watched it tonight so I have stayed studiously away from all the discussions about the episode). When it ended, I was actually laughing at Martin's audacity.

Love this show and yes, I hope he gets crackin' on the writing, although he seems perversely to slow down the more his fans clamor for more.