View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 10:10 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm still plugging along on my project, but I don't even try to stay current. Like Krista, I do all my journaling notes as things happen and then go back to them whenever I finally get around to those pages. I do them in a diary-type app and them import a text version to Word to store with my photos.

As for the scrapping, I work on a 6-month period at a time and finish it 100% (Project Life and all other pages) before I move on. I've been about 18 months behind for years; I thought 2021 would finally be the year I got to only 12 months behind, but then I decided to go back to school and ended up back around 18-months behind. I'm on May 2020 right now, and I'm hoping to finish the first half of 2020 by late January. I have 2016-2019 completely done and printed and 2013-2016 mostly done and printed.
That is an awesome idea!!! I wasn't scrapping this time last year (took a LONG personal break from it) and then when I came back to it I was VERY behind - so what do you pick and choose to do?) I love your idea of breaking it up into 6-month chunks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
UPDATE! I have just 5 pages left to get photos & journaling in, and then lots of 'kitting out' to do!
Congratulations!!! That is a serious accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
WTG! I just finished my DD 2021 so next is 2020 PL!!
That is wonderful!!!!

From all the tips in this thread, I've started a word doc and I'm going to journal in it every day - at least something. I already find that when I do that I'm thinking - "I sure wish I had taken a picture to document that." So I'm hoping that will help me to remember to take out my phone and snap a picture of this and that throughout my day and put me in a different mindset. Be more aware, I guess that is what I'm trying to say.

I already store my photos by year/month, so I think I'm going to do my journaling by weeks and then save them into the same folders as my photos.