Thread: Spring break
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
My middle son (15) is going to Palm Springs with some friends. The rest of us are renting a condo at a local-ish resort for a long weekend (about an hour away). It was a last minute thing because we couldn't make anything else work. It's about 10 miles from the ski slopes, so we will probably go skiing for a day or two. I'm hoping my oldest will be able to drive and spend a day or two with us since he has to work part of the time. The second half will be a mix of doing stuff locally.

We did a staycation for mid-winter break (and pretty much all other pandemic breaks). I think a lot of what you can do depends on where you are. The weather is pretty unpredictable for us, so that ends up dictating what we do. The only time take a staycation is if I think I will have excessive vacation time I can't use another way, otherwise, I'd rather use it for travel.

I hope you find something fun to do!!

Staying at the ski resort sound fun! I hope your oldest will be able to join you. We had to do that once when we went to Moab. Aspen had to work on Friday, so she and Megan drove down to Moab together and met the rest of us, so she wouldn't have to come the 4-5 hours alone.