View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 07:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I work in education. Covid obviously shut everything down at first. We missed the last quarter of in-person school in 2020. I created STEM lesson videos during this time.

We started school a few weeks later than normal in September of 2020. Students were given the option of going in-person or attending remotely via Zoom. Teachers taught both groups of students at once. Students practiced doing assignments using school issued devices in the event that we would all be back home again. There were many absences as students were quarantined (some over and over) but things were mostly fairly normal. We masked, did not share any supplies, and maintained social distance. By the last quarter of the school year we had no more remote students and teachers were no longer required to teach via Zoom.

We began the 2021 school year much the way we ended the previous one. No remote students, no option of remote if students were quarantined either. We still social distanced and masked, but shared supplies were no longer an issue. Two weeks ago they pulled the masks and social distancing. We are officially back to doing business exactly like we were in March of 2020 before it all hit.

I thought at first that bad weather would mean we teach remotely after last year but it hasn't worked out that way. Many families do not have internet. The school provided hot spots last year for them, but there was a lot involved with that. It is a nice idea, but it just doesn't work in this area, unfortunately.

So, long story short... Covid has not changed how I work much. It did temporarily but we are back to 'normal'. We aren't even required to quarantine if there is a positive case in the household.