View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default November 2010: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey Chicklets!!

November is here, and as scrappers we have so much to be thankful for, and scrapping our family's memories is perhaps one of the best ways to be able to look back and remember some of those things at the end of the year. This month's portfolio has so many wonderful ideas from our entire team and even the community as a whole so take a look at all of the challenges we have for you below, and get started creating your portfolio for the month NOW!

For ease of reference, we've created a printable checklist of this month's portfolio. Click the link below to download and print!

As always, you MUST use primarily Sweet Shoppe products to complete your challenge layouts.

November 2010: Sweet Shoppe Scrapper's Portfolio

One Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

1 - Lift a layout by Jennifer Fox, our Treat of the Month for November, and get to know her better in this month's special feature.

2 - NO-vember -- what are some things you just can't say "no" to?

3 - Scrap you Stash - go back in your stash and use an older kit to scrap a page!

4 - Ad Challenge - California Closets - use this fabulous ad as inspiration for your next layout!

5 - Daylight Savings Time ends on November 7th this year. How does the time change effect you and your family?

6 - Use an acrostic poem on your layout. Wondering what an acrostic is? Check out Giggle Poetry!

7 - In honor of National Donut Day, scrap a page using only circular papers and photos. Accent elements may be whatever you like ie. ribbons, flowers, tags, etc.

8 - "Everyday" - Cup of coffee? Sunglasses? your Cell Phone? what's something that is a part of your everyday? Something you can't live without?

9 - November is aviation month. Use the word SOAR in the title of your layout.

10 - Use the inspiration at Wordle to create a background graphic of text to use on a layout.

11 - Sesame Street debuted in November 1969 - scrap a page about your fave childhood show or scrap a layout about your kids' favorite show.

12 - Black Friday...to shop or not to shop? do you shop online? 5 am sales?

13 - No embellishments! You may use paper, brushes and word art/alphas/fonts only to create a layout.

14 - November is the time for holiday wish lists! Create a page that features your holiday gift wish list. Alternatively, have your kids make a list and scrap it!

15 - Scrap the men in your life. Your husband, father, brother, son.

16 - November is good nutrition month - scrap about your healthy (or not-so-healthy) eating habits,

17 - The holiday season is all about the food! What's your favorite dish at a family feast? Scrap It!

18 - Recipe: 10+1=11 - one photo + ten items, that's it!

19 - Let's Reflect - photograph a reflection, create a reflection effect, reflect on the past or a specific event, or even the year so far. Explore reflection in your own creative way and then scrap it!

20 - Can you make a happy page on a black background paper? Let’s see! (Thanks to Heddy in our community for the great suggestion!)

Two Point Tasks - 20 Primary Points Possible

21 - November is National Novel Writing Month. Write a novel on your page - we're looking for a wall of text here - so get writing!

22 - Create a layout about your {fictional} hero from a book, the tv, a movie or comic book. Is it about the character, the looks, or a bit of both?

23 - "I am HERE" in a photograph. Use the fabulous challenge at photochallenge.org to take a photo that represents where you are and use it in a layout. Think outside the box and have fun with this one!

24 - "Patience is a Virtue" - scrap a page about a time when you've had to have a lot of patience.

25 - Incorporate something that you've scanned in to your page. Ephemera, a child's drawing, movie tickets. The possibilities are endless.

26 - A to Z of me. For each letter of the alphabet, use a word that represents something that you enjoy or love. Use this list on a page - adding photos of some of the items.

27 - Mark Twain's autobiography is being released this month. Use a quote by Mark Twain on your page.

28 - Habits - scrap about a habit, yours or someone else. Have you conquered one or are you trying to make a new one. Does someone you know have a particularly annoying one?

29 - Fall Looks Like - Use the amazing photographic inspiration at The Big Picture, to photograph and capture what Fall looks like in your community.

30 - With the Holidays just around the corner, many families have long car trips and plane rides ahead of them. Scrap a recent road trip, plane ride or your survival guide for those long trips!

Five Point Tasks - 10 Primary Points Possible

31 - Triple Lift - create a three layouts that are scraplifts of the following people. Remember to include links to your original inspiration above each of your layouts when you post them in your portfolio tracker.

31a - Scraplift YOU
31b - Scraplift a BABE
31c - Scraplift a FAVE

32 - Book of Me 2010 - this year SSD is encouraging you to create a Book of Me Album! So often we focus on scrapping everyone else in our lives, but we're challenging you to record more of who YOU are on a regular basis throughout the year too. Pick 3 of the 5 topics below and scrap 3 layouts to earn 5 points:

32a - What's your sign?
32b - I am really good at...
32c - I am really bad at...
32d - If it was my last week on earth, I would...
32e - Today I...

Ten Point Task - 10 Primary Points Possible

33 - "I Am Thankful For…" Mini Books - The holiday season is the perfect time to reflect back on all of the things you are thankful for, and what better way to do that than creating a mini book that shares your sentiments? Your challenge this month is to get creative and make a hybrid mini-book in in any style you like using the theme of things you are thankful for. Don't skip this challenge because you're afraid of hybrid - you can do it! Here's some amazing mini book inspiration even if the topics aren't quite right…

Thankful For Accordion by Vanessa Senyk
A Year of Lyrics by Nancy D
To Do 2009 by happeaartist
Life Is Good by roree

Flex Tip - Be Creative! If the challenge is asking for a TOP 10 of your favorite TV shows, feel free to scrap your husband's or child's favorite shows instead! If it's asking a question, feel free to ask the question of a loved one and scrap a page for them instead. The only time this wouldn't apply is to your Book of Me album which should be a stunning tribute to YOU!

DON'T FORGET! As you complete layouts for our challenges, you'll be tracking them yourself in one post that you'll update throughout the month. For November, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on December 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker threads from throughout the year to see how it's done!

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to your tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbered list above and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum. Thanks!!

So thankful to have you scrapping with us,

Robin