View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We've been on partial lockdown since March 12, and I don't worry about catching the virus or about our financial situation (at the moment, at least).

However, I scream into my pillow constantly because not having any type of outside imposed schedule is making me bonkers. I don't love schedules, and I can't keep one to save my life. But having to show up at work makes me get stuff done. Now that everything can be done anytime, I'm just watching Netflix and playing Candy Crush Friends ALL.DAY.LONG.
I laughed until I cried reading that phrase!! I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh at your pain. While I like schedules, I also don't like them so I feel you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I made a rule on Sunday that no one can go into the kitchen without my permission because I was tired to death of the pile of dishes in the sink. I even took away my husband's phone for breaking the rule. But my oldest son walked all the way around the house rather than coming in through the kitchen yesterday, and that was when I knew that I was winning and that he is my favorite. : )
Yes!!! My daughters have decided they are going to make lunch, bake, etc and I'm always getting on them for doing the dishes. My husband makes breakfast for himself every morning and has stopped doing his dishes because "the dishwasher is clean" I hate going in to my kitchen. I hated it before, but now with everyone home and me getting on them for not doing their dishes, I swear I'm going gray faster!! But then how can I get too upset to see that my daughters are trying to learn how to cook (well my oldest) and bake! I want them to be successful at it. If only they could just clean up after themselves instead of having flour all over the counters, floors, appliances

Also, I didn't think we were supposed to admit that . . . . .