View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Wendy! This is a great idea!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I guess the first thing I'll chat about is my sadness over not being able to shop much at all during this time. My bank is charging almost 50% exchange with US right now so digi shopping will be little or nothing for probably quite awhile. It was sucky but doable at around 20-30% which is where its been for the last few yrs but almost 50% is just too much. I might buy the occasional kit if I really can't resist but for the most part, no shopping for me. The Canadian dollar has never been this bad before in my lifetime.
Wow Rae – 50% is crazy! I hope you can snag some freebies until things turn around!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetChar View Post
My husband is working from home now. He needed some printouts from work (large engineering diagrams or what-have-you) so I drove there this morning and picked them up for him. Felt so strange being "out and about." I even took some pictures of some fields, cows, old downtown, etc from my car. I've always enjoyed seeing those things but I appreciate the scenery even more right now. At one point when I was getting closer to home, it dawned on me that I had gone a few minutes without thinking at all about the Coronavirus, or the world, or if there will be (larger than current) food shortages, or if the chest freezer I ordered will really show up on Friday, or anything stressful. What a pleasant couple of minutes! lol
Char, isn’t it crazy how much we think about Covid19? It’s the last thing I think about when I go to sleep and 1st thing I think about when I wake up! I’ve tried to cut way back on watching / listening to the news reports about it. I was really sinking quickly … not hearing about it 24/7 has helped me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
We live at the end of a cul-de-sac that has our house, a neighbors' house behind us and 2 gated communities. There are a lot of walkers passing by admiring our chalk drawings. lol But anyway, when I see people wearing face masks it makes me so sad all of a sudden and I just want to cry. It is a very scary world right now and I'm only holding strong for my girls. But when there is a minute of silence like now (everybody miraculously is taking a nap) then I'm stuck with my thoughts and go spiraling down.
I totally agree Lea – I actually wore a handmade mask when I was out and about yesterday and felt very sad and overwhelmed
Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I had a fever and sore throat for 10 days and this is my third day fever free. I get out of quarantine tomorrow. Yay! Thankful no one else in my house got sick, especially my mother in law, who is 76. Also thankful that if I had COVID 19, as I suspect, that it was milder and I am on the other side of it. Now to clean my house after not leaving my room for 10+ days! I did get outside for a short walk today with my dog today, which was glorious. I feel like I lost all muscle mass in the last 2 weeks with not moving from bed for 10 days! Thankful for sunshine today and 62 degrees!
Cindi! I’m so glad to hear you are on the other side of not feeling well! I’m so sorry you had to endure 10 days of feeling so poorly! I’m sending you feel 100% hugs and positive thoughts!! Hope you can enjoy the nice weather in your corner of the world!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Today I went to work. Parents were picking up packets for the kids as well as the last of their belongings from school. We were all decked out in gloves and masks and could only wave to the kids from their cars. Aside from that, it was easy to forget about all of it. It felt like we were playing some sort of silly relay game with gloves and masks. A parent would pull up at one end of the school. A teacher got their last name and teacher's name. They radio'd it in using a walkie talkie. Someone grabbed the package from the gym and carried it out the front door while the parent pulled forward and grabbed it. It was kind of fun really. Anyway, I am mostly working from home. I am going in tomorrow to take care of a couple of things. It should take me 3 minutes max. Our high school is making face shields with a 3D printer and they need rubber bands. I found several bags of the size they need that had been donated to my STEM lab so I am going to retrieve those and send them to the HS.
Sherri, it sounds like everything was very well planned out when you picked up the things from school. I’m glad you were able to get out for a bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
So today I spent 4.5 hours shopping, going from Bj's, ShopRite, Aldi, Target and Redner's to get what I hope will last us two weeks.... All wiped down and put away by my kids. I did wear a mask to shop and when I was done, I stripped in the laundry room, toss every thing into the washer, and then showered so if any germs were on me, hopefully they are all gone now. ( I make my husband do that as soon as he comes home from work he is currently working in North Jersey.)
Stacy – I’m glad you had help to clean the stuff you brought into your home! Our son and DIL have 5 in their family and I know they are really going through food with the kiddos home! Our DIL is going out today to shop … and it feel like prices have gone through the roof here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLea View Post
This is a great topic. I thought it would be easy to transition to working at home but it wasn't...at all... It's so crazy that all this is happening. I do early childhood professional development - taking my trainings virtual is hard - I'm such an interactive person. Thank you, everyone, for sharing - it's helped to read them.
We really take a lot for granted I think! I hope things get better for you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I made a rule on Sunday that no one can go into the kitchen without my permission because I was tired to death of the pile of dishes in the sink. I even took away my husband's phone for breaking the rule. But my oldest son walked all the way around the house rather than coming in through the kitchen yesterday, and that was when I knew that I was winning and that he is my favorite. : )
Kellie – I love your no kitchen rule and it’s funny you took your DH’s phone away – that will teach him!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Working from home since March 18 is driving me crazy. I know I should be grateful for still getting paid but I know now that I am a people person and I need going to the office to keep me sane.
I hope you can get out and about sooner than later!! It's so hard when you want to be around others and just can't! Who would have thought in this day and age this would even be a topic of discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekiwi View Post
We are about 2 weeks into a 4(maybe longer) national lockdown and I’ve been sick for 10 days of that - about a week with a cold then the last few days it’s been an asthma flare up so there hasn’t been too much action here
[Gosh I hope you feel better really soon! It's been so trying on us emotionally and physically - hang in there!!!