View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperL788 View Post
That's an INSANE amount of time to be spending doing schoolwork! I've been really lucky I think. The teacher I really grated against, has had little to no communication with parents, just putting the work up daily in Google Classroom. We moved my daughter's desk back into her room, and she's been happily getting her work done in about 2.5 to 3 hours per day. My 1st grader has about 2 hours per day, if he doesn't flop all over the floor and tell me that his hand is "too weak to color" or that "he has no bones left."

It's the dogs that are going to be the death of me. They're going nuts without playgroup, and my younger one (1 year old pit mix) has gotten into all sorts of mischief out of boredom. He's currently leading the family for Most Expensive Baby, after eating one of my daughter's ADHD pills, and my pincushion (apparently if you give them a loaf of bread, the pins have less likelihood of puncturing his stomach. We avoided surgery, but still needed 3 x-rays.)
It was an insane amount of work and seriously took a HUGE chunk out of my day schooling him, and answering questions for my high schooler. I really look forward to next week to see how much my son's 1st grade teacher scales back the work.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe your pup has gotten in to so much trouble! :O I'm so glad you were able to avoid surgery, but that sounds SO scary!!! Do you have insurance on your pups? That usually helps with some of the cost from incidents like that.