View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 11:16 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
I am pretty sure the teacher's are not taking things too personally these days - not sure anyone should. Tensions are running high, for sure!! My husband got called an awful (!) name at Farm and Fleet Saturday when he asked the lady behind him to step back a bit because she was closer than 6' away from him!
I never called her anything bad, I don't swear or anything. I just feel bad with how short I was after dealing with my son's work all day long.

I basically told her that I couldn't figure out the common core math and had no idea what it was asking, much less had no idea how to teach my son. I should also say that this was after doing 10 other math assignments with 100 questions each.

She replied that she would like to Google Meet me to teach ME how to teach HIM the assignment. (why is she not willing to teach my son the work when it's HIS class, not mine???)

I wrote her back and said it wasn't happening today because his schooling gave me a nasty migraine (i've had horrible migraines since being glued to his screen all day long--still have one this morning), and that my son had the stomach bug (poor kid had to go to school with the stomach bug).

Then I closed out the math tab signaling he had completed his work, even though I could not figure out that last 100 questions from her math assignments for the day.

Sadly today I have to deal with it. We just did our Google Meet. I still have no idea or understanding of the assignment. My son has no idea what she was trying to show us. We just ended with her being frustrated that we aren't "trying" to understand it. I'm trying, but my brain can't wrap around what she is showing me. I never went to school to teach, much less had common core!!

Quote:
I'm still working on location and everyday I wish I didn't have to. I work in a small office area, but have to be around the workers on the distribution floor several times a day. We have masks and gloves to wear. My hands are a hot mess from washing them so often! Morale is pretty low right now, our sister distribution center, in New Jersey has all but shut down, so their orders are filtering through our center. Tons of overtime. (Thankfully, not for me!). Late last week we were told that the company will no longer match 4% of our 401K contributions and there will be no merit increases this year. Talk about taking the wind of our everyone's sails! Work is just not a great place to be for me!
Wow that is a kick to the stomach in times when things are stressful. I'm so sorry your work has decided to do that to its employees.

I'm glad to see the place in NJ closed with them being a hotspot. You be careful out there and stay safe!! But on a positive, I'm glad you still have a job right now through all of this, even if you are taking so many necessary precautions.

Quote:
I haven't felt 100% for a week or so - no fever, no sore throat, just feeling 'blah'. I contribute it to stress. And honestly, once I'm home I feel so much better! I'm missing seeing our little family (son, DIL and 3 grandkiddos). We have facetimed a few times, but it's not the same as loving on them!
I'm so sorry your body is wearing down with all the extra work and stress you are going through right now. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water (that's my go-to for everything!)

I see your posts about what you are doing for your grandchildren. It's so sweet you drop them goodies off at their house. I'm sorry you can't see them right now. I know they miss you all like crazy, with the amount of stuff you did/do with them!! Hopefully soon this will all be over and you can give them a great big hug once again!!!