View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I never called her anything bad, I don't swear or anything. I just feel bad with how short I was after dealing with my son's work all day long.

I basically told her that I couldn't figure out the common core math and had no idea what it was asking, much less had no idea how to teach my son. I should also say that this was after doing 10 other math assignments with 100 questions each.

She replied that she would like to Google Meet me to teach ME how to teach HIM the assignment. (why is she not willing to teach my son the work when it's HIS class, not mine???)

I wrote her back and said it wasn't happening today because his schooling gave me a nasty migraine (i've had horrible migraines since being glued to his screen all day long--still have one this morning), and that my son had the stomach bug (poor kid had to go to school with the stomach bug).

Then I closed out the math tab signaling he had completed his work, even though I could not figure out that last 100 questions from her math assignments for the day.

Sadly today I have to deal with it. We just did our Google Meet. I still have no idea or understanding of the assignment. My son has no idea what she was trying to show us. We just ended with her being frustrated that we aren't "trying" to understand it. I'm trying, but my brain can't wrap around what she is showing me. I never went to school to teach, much less had common core!! :
Holy moly! I understand why you are frustrated! That is a ton of work for you AND your son!! I imagine the teachers are a bit frustrated as well and am sure you aren't the only parent that is struggling to understand common core math (PS - what's wrong with the old way! ). Can you google it? Hang in the momma ...