View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 05:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLea View Post
This is a great topic. I thought it would be easy to transition to working at home but it wasn't...at all... It's so crazy that all this is happening. I do early childhood professional development - taking my trainings virtual is hard - I'm such an interactive person. Thank you, everyone, for sharing - it's helped to read them.
I can imagine it was a challenging transition for you, jamie. Given your profession, you'd have to totally change how you do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Did your doctor wear a mask? I need to make pediatrician appointments for my girls, but I kinda don't want the doctor breathing on them because of all the other people he comes in contact with. Never thought I would even need to think about something like that.
Lynn, the appointment was for my monthly clotting blood check. Yes, everyone in the office had a mask on. I couldn't even go in until the receptionist (who also had a mask on) went through a list of questions about my health.. LOL!
I don't blame you for being cautious. I would say if you don't HAVE to go in, wait until things calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
We've been on partial lockdown since March 12, and I don't worry about catching the virus or about our financial situation (at the moment, at least).

However, I scream into my pillow constantly because not having any type of outside imposed schedule is making me bonkers. I don't love schedules, and I can't keep one to save my life. But having to show up at work makes me get stuff done. Now that everything can be done anytime, I'm just watching Netflix and playing Candy Crush Friends ALL.DAY.LONG.

I made a rule on Sunday that no one can go into the kitchen without my permission because I was tired to death of the pile of dishes in the sink. I even took away my husband's phone for breaking the rule. But my oldest son walked all the way around the house rather than coming in through the kitchen yesterday, and that was when I knew that I was winning and that he is my favorite. : )
My mom & I were just talking about setting a schedule, but we both said, "nah!" because we're just not schedule-y people. LOL!

Haha! I can imagine what having everyone home all the time would do to the kitchen!! I hope they all learn to either clean up after themselves, or stay out for your sanity, Kellie!!