View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Books-didn't like the Twilight Series. Read the first one and was done. Also read the first of the Game of Thrones novel and didn't like it either. Way too many people to keep up with. Heard rave reviews of the book, "The Dry". I found it really long and tedious. It's been made into a movie for some reason. I also hated The Handmaid's Tale.

Movies/Shows: I've never watched The Walking Dead and have no desire to do so. Not a fan of the zombie genre. The Office is fine, but I've never watched it all the way through. Same with Parks and Rec. I just prefer dramas I think.

I'm surprised so many of you didn't like the Outlander series. I read up through Drums of Autumn years ago and just didn't pick up the later books because her books are way too descriptive about minutiae. I started watching the series during the pandemic though and absolutely loved it. I've watched it through 3 times already. I always loved the characters of Jamie and Claire though, although I could do with less graphic torture type scenes though. I can't watch those. This is one instance where I think the shows are better than the books because you don't have to wade through all the detail and you get to look at Jamie!