Thread: Garages
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
No garage for me. I don’t even have a car. I sold it years ago when we moved to the city and don’t miss the cost and hassle. When we take trips, I just rent one.
That is the strangest thing to me, being from So Cal. I never even knew that was a thing until watching a TV show where the guy didn't even know how to drive because he was from NYC, and always used public transportation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Our house was built in 1910. I have no idea when our detached garage was built, but it was advertised as a "2 car garage" ... clearly not for modern-sized vehicles. It would be impracticable for us to park a vehicles in it, since we use the driveway space directly in front of it to park our 2 vehicles (side by side) and it would be very difficult to accommodate a vehicle in the garage too (basically, it's either one car in the garage or two cars in the driveway). We also have a lot of "stuff" in the garage. Our 3rd vehicle is parked on the street.

Good for you for cleaning out the garage. I've spent hours cleaning stuff out, but I still have many hours in front of me. It's exhausting work!
Wow, Sheri! That's so cool! I love old houses. I hadn't thought about them not having garages, though (unless they're added on later). That makes sense. I guess it's a good storage area.
Thanks! Yes, it's very exhausting work! I'll be so glad when it's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
wow, you have been busy Tammy. I live in a townhouse/condo, I have no garage, just an assigned parking spot outside my door, and my son parks in a visitors spot (we're allowed to do that for second vehicles, just no guarantee it will be close to your unit).
When we lived in an apartment, we had an assigned parking spot, and a one-car garage. Thankfully at the time, we only had/needed one car, so the garage was for storage. Where do you store things?