View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 05:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We go to Windcrest EVERY year to see the lights. As soon as I saw your video I knew it was Windcrest. I have seen your "Santa" greeting the people. We love the themes and fun decorations. Last year was the first year we let the teenager drive while hubby navigated to the award winning houses...We hit the highlights and it still takes several hours. It is a lot of fun though and I have tons of pictures...
A Christmas light kit would be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
My dad is super CRAZY, but thank you. Luckily he lives in the right place for it.

Windcrest is a small city in the middle of San Antonio known as the City of Lights. 60 years ago, a couple Army Engineers got drunk in December and thought it would be hilarious to decorate the water tower to look like a giant candle. Since then, it's tradition for the residents to light up their yards with these extravagant displays, and people travel from miles around to come drive through and see the lights. The city even holds an annual contest and passes out maps at the Town Hall so people can go see the top 3 winners in each category.

I need to scrapbook this, but keep waiting for the right kit ... maybe this year!