View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am TERRIFIED of flying, but I still do it occasionally, because the destination is always worth the fear I experience. Once I'm in the air, I'm usually okay but takeoff and landing are hard for me. ESPECIALLY takeoff. (Which is weird, you'd think landing would be harder for me, but I think by then I've had time to relax and be realistic about the safety of flying.) I've flown overseas once and down to Hawaii once, and several times within the states. Actually my very first flight was as an unaccompanied minor - it was scary but went really well. I even had a layover!

My worst flights - once we were landing in Chicago, had to have been within a year or two of 9/11 and we started to descend, and then popped back up and looped over Lake Michigan, it was turbulent, people were vomiting all around me, everyone was in a panic because the pilot didn't announce anything for a few minutes. It was due to the wind, but I do wish the pilot had kept us in the loop a little more and saved us all some panic.

Also, we flew on Ryanair from Germany to Spain and basically...that whole process was really quite scary. Plus we were already jet lagged from flying from Minneapolis to Germany only a day or two before.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda