Thread: Summer plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 01:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
My sister and nephew si coming next week and we're very ecstatic that they'll be here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We plan on having 3-4 road trips before the school start again. We'll tour them around and probably have a lot of swimming for the kiddos.
Have a wonderful visit, Cherry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Everything is too up in the air at the moment to make plans. Sigh.
I'm so sorry to hear that, LeeAndra! Sometimes spontaneous activities are even better than planned ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
We are going to the states (IN) for 6 weeks, and thank goodness... it's supposed to be 100 all week and only getting hotter here. The sun is intense! If we stayed here all summer, my kids would be TV/iPad zombies.
My DH is coming with us for 2 weeks-- while he's there, we have plans to go "on a date" to Cleveland to see a musical & a family trip to Michigan.
How fun, Rebecca!! I don't know about you, but I make a list of all my favorite places to eat when I visit CA...that's one of the treats of being "back home".
I hope you have a wonderful date with DH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Our summer will be pretty low key. We'll divide our wkends between spending some time out at our trailer in WA and spending time with Bailey which will include lots of time at the ocean (Kristin...I can hear you sigh LOL) since she's a block away from it and Taz loves to play with the dogs in the water. We'll stay home some wkends too so I can tackle the weeds in the garden and get some house chores done, like continuing to declutter the basement. I also want to work on the computer cleanup and organizing photos and EHD's. I have one failing EHD as its not being recognized this morning when I turned my computer on. It has some old photos on it so hopefully I'll get a chance to retrieve those before the drive fails completely.

So, no big plans but hopefully a quiet more relaxing summer after all the drama last year with Bailey's traumatic brain injury. Things seem to be settling into a quieter routine for us now. I want to binge watch lots of shows, find new low carb recipes to make, read lots of books and go on photo walks.
That sounds wonderful, Rae! Is this place by the ocean a new place for Bailey? What a wonderful place to recuperate!

I'm so sorry about your EHD!! I really hope you're able to get everything off. Do you have an online backup?

Your summer sounds very relaxing!!