Thread: School Already?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 06:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
My kiddos are on their second week of school. I don't like starting so early, but I do enjoy having 2 weeks off for Fall Break, 1 week off for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks off for Christmas and 2 weeks off for Spring Break. We get out at the end of May. Their school provides most of their school supplies, which is nice. We only get some things to help out the teacher like Kleenex, hand sanitizer, wipes (for kids to clean the top of their desk weekly), treasure box toys and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
The only thing we are waiting on is DD's glasses. She left them on the floor at the babysitter's a couple weeks ago, and one of the dogs chewed off one of the earpieces. Another set is on order that's supposed to arrive before school but you know how those things go. I cringe thinking about her going to school with only one earpiece like a ragamuffin (and the first day of school pictures -- eeek!) so let's hope the glasses place calls me this week!
Oh no!!! I hope you are able to get them before school. Glasses and children are no fun and totally add a big stress factor to mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastml View Post
My kids go back August 13th. They're going into 10th, 8th, and 5th grades. We have the school supply lists for the younger two, but the oldest won't know what he needs until he goes to his classes. Every teacher is different. We'll probably pick up a few things this weekend and get whatever he needs that first week of school and anything the girls' teachers ask for that wasn't on their lists (it happens).
This is my issue with my 10th grader. We won't know until the first day of school when they send home all their required items. We picked up a few things here and there, just to be safe. Figured we'd take things back, after the fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
3rd September here.

I'm sad because Abigail is starting her first year of school on the 5th September too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I walked into Walmart the other day and saw the school supplies. It made me sad because I didn't need to buy any. LOL!

My youngest starts college on Aug 26. He moved out this summer, so I won't see him for his first day

I'm surprised at how many kids are already back in school!! What happened to summer??
I have children you can adopt---what am I saying, you can adopt me!!!