Thread: School Already?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 11:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's too early for school! We still have almost a month of vacation left, going back 8/26. Until 2 years ago, I'd never in my life lived in a school district that went back before Labor Day. Then 2 years ago our district switched to starting the week before Labor Day. I'd much rather get out late June and go back early September, but now we get out mid-June and go back late August. What I'd really rather they do is add more time off within the school year--the older my kids get, the more they need those lower stress frequent breaks rather than a 10 week summer.

My kids will be in 11th, 8th, and 5th this year. No new schools or big changes. I'm planning to start school supply shopping on Friday since VA has a tax free weekend for it. I have lists for all 3 kids, but the 2 older ones will probably hear about some things that specific teachers do or don't want when they go the first day. But since everything is so picked over by then, we'll work off the school's master list for their grades now and return what they end up not needing.