View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default Eva's funeral - part 2

First off, I am so so glad I was able to go today. She had a very nice service and thanks to her brother's eulogy I learned some new things about her: spaghetti and meatballs was her favorite food, she had a degree in accounting and she played the trombone (first chair all four years of high school).

After the eulogy the pastor asked if anyone else wanted to say anything so I raised my hand. I told them who I was and that I was a customer at SSD. I told them how sorry we all were and that because of her designs a part of her will live on through our family memories.

After the service I was able to speak to Ken and the kids each briefly and told them how sorry I was and thanked them for sharing her with us. When I spoke to Eva's mom she mentioned some books by her casket, so I wandered up there. There were two photo albums with family pictures and a book with a note from Ken explaining her passion for scrapbook design that was filled with all of her kit previews. It was actually really neat to see them presented that way.

The kids seemed to be holding up well, each of them and Ken thanked me for coming. Please continue to keep them in your prayers, they have a tough road ahead.