View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Yep, I bought a kit last night to scrap those obligatory first day of school photos (holding a sign, first day of school outfit, back photo while walking, going up and down the bus) of my daughter She started fourth grade on Monday. She had TONS of stories when she got home and I was recording everything in case I forget some details for my pl. She was just sad because she and her bf weren't in the same class this year but they've been sitting during lunch for three days now. I still can't believe I now have a 4th grader...
That's smart to record it!! I love that idea! That's good that they are able to see each other during lunch time. Always hard on the kiddos when they aren't in the same class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
I do a pic or two on the first day. No signs or anything, just something to mark the moment ... I've got 2 high schoolers now!
Has school started for you all yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
We are still on Countdown mode here, (1 week & 1 day to go!!). My youngest will be entering the high school this year (grade 7) so it's going to be a bit of an adjustment having no more Elementary School traditions (which we are thrilled about.... our ES was the absolute worst!!), my middle son will be entering Grade 9 and my oldest...... well, it's a BIG year for him as he enters Grade 12.... so all things Graduation will be in our School Year this year! I have been working on a layout with all of his "First Days of School".... just waiting for the LAST photo to complete the set. *sigh* One thing I have noticed, it that in all his years, he has worn something Red, Blue or Black (or any combination of the colors together) in EVERY 1st Day of School photo.... so I told him he had to wear at least 1 of those 3 colors on the first day so he doesn't mess up my layout LOL
I'm jealous--wish we were still in countdown mode. We've already been in school almost a month!!

Don't forget FAFSA opens up on October 1--very important to fill that out to get grants, loans, etc!

Too funny you told him to wear something around your photos/layouts!! I've never thought to do that with my kids. Smart thinking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
I didn't buy something yet but I think I have too much school kit...

They go back to school on september 2nd for mine. I take pics just before going and sometime arriving at school but that's all.
This year I'd like making a little sign they could hold but I have no idea what to makes, there's plenty of cute pictures with that but I'd love something simple and fast and easy to do! lol!

They are so adorable! You can always print up one of those signs "this year I'm in ___ grade" "My teacher is __________" "My favorite color is ________" and just use things from what you see on the signs at Walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I have 2 left in college. My youngest is a freshman in college. So no real back to school pics here. But he sent me this pic of him with his roommates, and It's so funny I had to share it!
That's such a cute photo!! Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
My two college kiddos started on Monday (a senior and a sophomore)
My two high schoolers start tomorrow... also a senior and a sophomore.
I wish they didn't start till after Labor Day,
Yup, I usually take lots of pics. Sometimes I do a sign...
and I went shopping for kits and templates last night.
That's when my college student started as well! I also wish ALL of the kids didn't start until after Labor Day too!! And yes, I did shop the sale yesterday -- or maybe it was today. I can't remember!