View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 05:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
my BFF and I talk all day every day on messenger..... we both agree we wouldn't have made it through the past almost 2 years without our chats...... we don't have a backup plan..... when things are back up and running we NEED to make a backup plan.
right?! Time for a backup plan. A lot of ours was whatsapp, but with that being owned by Zuck, looks like we'll have to find a backup to our backup after we all get back online to chat with one another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I forgot about Hello! My favorite was always ICQ..... I still can't say "uh-oh" without it sounding like an incoming ICQ message LOL
yes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I think this is eye-opening… how much they control when it comes to our connection to news, each other, and so much more. It almost makes me want to quit FB/IG entirely to be free of them. I hate that if they shut down it shuts down my life in a lot of ways. Wow. Haha
We were just talking to a friend when he said his wife couldn't reach him on messenger. I said it's all down and has been down all day. He goes "what would the world do if we didn't have all these apps?" My other friend pipes up, "I think that's what we are experiencing right now!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammybean04 View Post
My son just saw a post that said hackers stole 1.5 billion FB users information from this outage. If this is true it makes me really angry, especially since I was just caught in the TMobile hack. Why are these HUGE companies not doing more to protect users?
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you were part of that hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
And, isn't it ironic that FB has to post updates to Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
We go to the forums! Remember pre-Facebook? I had so many forums I frequented. I also visited more blogs, commented on them, and had my own blog. I also knew people’s phone numbers by heart at one point. I’ve recently realized that if I ever lose my phone I don’t know my kids’ cellphone numbers by heart! Eek
I know a lot of my friend's numbers without having to look them up. I can't say them, I have to "pretend" punching the numbers in to tell you what they are!