Thread: Procrastination
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 07:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Procrastination

Are you a procrastinator?
Is there anything you typically find yourself doing when you procrastinate?
What is your feelings on procrastination?

I AM a procrastinator. I have to be in the mood to do something in order to get it done. This doesn't apply to everything, but it applies to many things. I don't really procrastinate at work because I love the sense of walking out the door with everything finished. However, at home, and in my classes, I tend to procrastinate quite a bit.

When I am procrastinating I typically find myself browsing here, deal sites online (and doing online shopping) or checking Facebook groups. I will sometimes procrastinate by playing games on my iPad.... and when I downloaded Tik Tok, that became a real source of procrastination. I still have it on my iPad but don't look at it often.

I'm in a group where the consensus was that procrastination was failure. I thought that was a weird way to look at it. I don't love that I procrastinate (I'm doing it now, I really should be doing online readings and a learning log for my literacy class) but I like to give myself some grace and when my head just isn't in the game, I struggle to get things done. When I am in the mood to work, I get more done in an hour than I do in 10 hours when I'm not in the mood. I think procrastination is a form of protection for me to keep anxiety from setting in. I also believe in productive procrastination. At the beginning of each new module I check out all of my classes and write down everything I need to do. I read through the details of assignments and get a feel for what I will need to do. Then I think about these things in the back of my mind while I'm actively procrastinating. When I actually start the assignment, I feel like I've already done half of it because I've thought about it while I did other things.

And now I really should go do the learning log. It isn't due until Sunday but I have a lot due Sunday, so I'd like to tick it off my list.