View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 06:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
I've encountered problems with Smart Plugs causing interference with wireless signals, so all jokes aside, that might actually be the problem.

One more thought: I know when I got my original MX Master it came with a cord you could use to extend where your dongle was placed. That way if you needed it closer to where you moused, you plugged the USB cord into your machine, then plugged the dongle into the other end of the USB cable, and laid it closer to where you worked. Perhaps this is something you could try before you abandon wireless entirely?
Well then . . . that would make sense because the last few weeks my father has been giving me more and more of his smart plugs (they drive me bonkers -- all of my motion activated nightlights are on smart plugs ). I didn't think they'd interfere, but it would make sense that my father has abandoned his wireless for a wire mouse in his office!!

I do have a usb hub that I've put the dongle in. I have it almost directly in front of it, but it still loses connection all the time.

I just ordered a wired mouse from Amazon. We'll see how well that one works and if it the wire drives me bonkers.