View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 10:16 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I wonder if having it in a hub worsens any problems you're having, making any connection delays worse because the signal has to travel through more connections.

My son and I both use the Logitech M510 Wireless Laser Mouse. He's had his for about 3 years and loves it. The way his computer and mouse are situated, he's only got about 6 inches between his mouse and the USB port connector thing. He uses it for gaming where quick response is essential, and he doesn't have problems.

I've only had mine about 3 months. My computer and mouse are about 2.5 feet apart, and the computer is 15 inches higher than the mouse. (I'm using an external monitor, so the laptop is on a shelf rather than the desk itself.) Most of the time it works perfectly, but every once in a while the mouse isn't as responsive as it should be. Often when that happens it's because I've put a cup or something else something between the mouse and the laptop, but sometimes it's when the computer is just running a little slow overall.

We just bought a 3rd M510 for my son's computer from school. It seems to have arrived broken, but Logitech customer service has been good and there's a new one on its way to us.

I hope you're able to get everything working well!
I do think the distance between the USB dongle and the mouse (and keyboard in my case) was the problem for me. My computer is about 2 feet to the left of the keyboard with the mouse to the right of the keyboard. And, my desk has the pull out keyboard tray that I used with the cordless keyboard/mouse so they both had the desk interference as well. Even moving the cordless to the top of the desk didn't help because of the distance. And, I was using a front USB port as well.

I know those dongles keep from having extra things on the desk but IMO they need to go back to the little transmitter that had the cord connection to the USB port. I never had a problem with that one. Used it for a long time until I spilled a bottle of pop on the desk hitting both the keyboard and the mouse.