Thread: Procrastination
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Generally speaking, I wouldn't classify myself as a procrastinator. Of course there are exceptions. I try to knock things off as soon as I know about them so I can move on.

People (mostly at work, but in my personal life too) always ask me how I get so much done and that's how. I try to avoid investing energy in most things multiple times (which ends up being a time suck if you have to go back and refamiliarize yourself with something or are thinking about it on and off before committing to it). If I know I'm going to have to eventually do it, for me, it's best to just do it immediately.
This makes complete sense and is why I try not to procrastinate. However, there are so many times that I am just completely overwhelmed (mostly talking school work here) that I read the guidelines, mull it over a few days and then come back to it. I find that in re-familiarizing myself with it, it is all suddenly clearer and I see things I missed the first time around. At work I get things done right away, but at work I have more clarity than I do with some of my assignments. LOL