Thread: hair color
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:19 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I haven't colored my hair for 9 years after either doing it myself or having it done at a beauty shop for 20-25 years (had to start in my 30's). 9 years ago I was having to get it colored about every 4 to 6 weeks as the color was fading horribly. Then I ended up having a reaction to the color on my neck. The stylist (my cousin's wife who had been doing my hair for about 25 years at that time) and I decided that it was time to quit especially since my hair was not holding the color at all. Since my hair was chin length, it only took 9 months for it to grow out. So I've been completely grey for 8 years.

As for haircuts, I haven't had one in 15 months. Had to cancel the last appointment because my cousin's son was killed in a car accident and I just ended up not ever making another one. She only worked 3 hours a week and ended up only working once a month for about 5 months after her son's death. I even let my bangs grow out... I used to trim them myself. My hair is past the "drive me nuts" stage so I'll just keep letting it grow.

So now for the first time in 47 years I have no bangs. The hair is shoulder length and grey.