View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 04:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
I basically just scrap what I can remember....however, I have an uncanny memory and can remember the littlest of things & details LOL! HOWEVER...I don't remember it all (by a long shot ;p) so what I try to do is ask Matt or one of the older kids or other people in the pictures if they remember My MIL and my mom both have great memories and since ALOT of my pictures involve family time with all of them, I tend to lean on them if it is something I really want to document.

I'm also glad that even though my digi skills were not the best when I started digi scrapping (2006ish) that I did document the majority of the stories so I can always go back and "redo" older LO's....one of last month's challenges was a "redo" of an older LO and I thought that was a great challenge and think I will continue to "remake" some older LO's
I've always had a great memory, too, Angie But... lately some of the stories behind the photos have gone missing from my memory bank. LOL!
I think it would be fun to go back and redo older layouts. I have old paper scrapbooks that I would like to redo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Lately, when my Facebook memories come up each day, if there is a story or quote I included in my post that I've forgotten and haven't scrapped those photos yet, I go find the photo(s) on my computer and add info in the 'subject' field.
I have lots of pictures that I don't remember necessarily why I took them or all the details, but I'll include the date and make do with a couple sentences that include what we were doing or where we were. In the below page, I don't remember why we were at my parents' or why I was in that particular spot in their yard taking pictures, but the pictures are so sweet to me and I went with that feeling.

Jennifer, FB is a great place to find some of those older memories. I love this layout! It's so precious, even without remembering the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jo View Post
Very true words. My kids are always looking over my shoulder while I'm working on my pages. They see and comment. Sometimes they add things and if there is any journaling that is added I check with them that it is correct. I did just share a long journaling topic in the long-winded challenge but it was my story of what is going on. She knows I post my work here, but I don't do FB so I think they feel pretty safe with staying fairly anonymous.
How fun that your kids will help fill in the stories, Jo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm like you Tammy, I don't remember sooo much about past events so tend to not journal much but I am trying to put some thoughts down, to put whatever comes to mind. I have a lot of old photos to scan from the family and have no idea what the story is for them all but I will just document my feelings about the people, what other memories it evokes in me (that may have nothing to do with the actual moment of the photo). I just try to feel good about scrapping the pics,with or without a story, and hope that the family will enjoy looking at the LOs.It's hard b/c my parents, grandmother, aunts/uncles are all gone now so I have no one to ask for information so I just have to do the best I can and not stress about it (like I did before).
Rae, those old (like really old) photos are such a blessing, and I love scrapping them. I'm glad you are scrapping them and not stressing about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jema View Post
Thank you for the question Tammy and all the great suggestions. My mother-in-law died a couple of years ago and last summer my husband and his sister went through all her old photos (kept in 5 or 6 shoes boxes). I want to scan them and make books for the siblings. Thank you for the wonderful ideas. Now I feel like this is project I can tackle for them.
Jema, I love that we can get different perspectives to move out of our "bubbles"! I'm so glad it helped!
What a wonderful idea to make books for the siblings!! That will be a precious gift!