Thread: Geocaching!
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon Kay View Post
We have been geocaching ONCE ... a couple of months ago ... our local hackerspace had a geocaching hunt for us ... we had to find the locations and take a picture with ourself at the site ... go back to the meeting place that week and "prove" our find with pictures ... we got there first and handed it in ... I got a free months membership (worth $30) for being first!

So what ages are the kids that are going ... any teenagers? I'm thinking mine might not want to ... so was wanting to know if other teenagers were doing it ...
Tons of teens do it. My teens are 15 and 19. The 19 year old even got her college friends in on it and now they all go out and about together finding caches. They also love to venture out a couple kids at a time without telling the others and then come back and brag about it, to tease the others... lol! She got her friends here at home into it as well before she left for school. They all really enjoy it. We dirtbike ride, so sometimes we hop on our bikes and offoad karts and head out into the desert here and find them. Fun!