View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 12:46 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim21673 View Post
I just made the switch to all Mac products in June! I have a 27 inch iMac and hubby just bought me an MacBook air a few weeks ago too for when I travel! I am SO happy I made the switch!

Hubby did go all out for our iMacs....it has all the bells and whistles. He upgraded to the max he could upgrade so I don't have to worry about space issues. I couldn't tell you what I have though! He does a lot of gaming and I do a lot of photo editing and scrapping so he wanted the best (at the time at least).

I run LR and PS CC on my computer daily and never have an issue.

I did run into some problems with my EHDs. I had to copy the stuff over to my Mac and reformat before I could add anything else to it. That was a pain but it all worked out. It just took a bit longer to be able to scrap when I got my macbook.
Lucky you!!! Ideally I'd love to upgrade everything that is upgradable to the highest specs to try and future proof it as much as I can but it adds over another $1000 to an already expensive machine (I'm jealous of the prices in the US!). I also wonder whether some upgrades will make a noticeable difference to speed when being used for scrapbooking as opposed to working with video.

Kym, do you have a flash drive or fusion drive, if yes, what size did you get? I keep all photos and digi products on EHD's but am wondering if a 256gb flash drive is adequate or if I'd need bigger.