View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 11:00 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
This is a fun question...I think I might want to make a layout from my answer.

Growing up I did all the crafts with mom and Grandma.
We made hair scrunchies, friendship bracelets, wire rings, Christmas ornaments, puffy paint frames/tshirts...you name it, we made it.
My mom made my CPK doll clothes. When I called her from college asking her to make 100 sarong skirts for Rush, she said "no problem"! My first year in the dorms she made all 4 of us big, pillowy M&M costumes. Throughout the years she made lots of Halloween Costumes- princess dress, witch costume,
We have continued to make crafts together especially during the Holidays. We now kick off the Holiday Season at Sunshine Cabin making Christmas Ornaments. She would take the Kids for the weekend and always have a craft project planned. They liked to rock paint and paint canvases.
My Girls and I dabbled in making vinyl Starbucks cups when my middles daughter received a Cricut for Christmas. We have a cupboard full of supplies and cups now.

These days in addition to digi scrapbooking, I like Photography and traditional scrapbooking. If I were to have an Etsy store I think I would sell pre-made pages and/or scrapbook albums in all sizes.
I would have loved growing up in your house. I come from a non-crafty family, although my mom was known to do ceramics from time to time, and no one gets my need to create. And I have to teach myself everything! A little tutoring goes a long way. LOL

I dabbled in most of the crafts you mention and always made my son's Halloween costumes, and also made ornaments, etc to sell at the school craft fairs. I loved participating in that kind of stuff when and where I could.

These days, I try to get my family together for a craft day every three or four months and especially at Christmas time. They seem to enjoy it, but I have to plan it all out for them and go through it step by step with them. I am just glad they are willing to try.

When I become a grandma, I am going to take a page from your mom's book and teach my babies to craft from the get go.