View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 02:52 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Funny thing is that it didn't start out as a genealogy type project. It was more about pulling together all the various reports the church had made in its history since 1833. We wanted to all information into chronological order by year. Special things like building the new buildings would be on their own. Our plan was to also organize the files in one central file instead of the multiple areas they are kept in now.

My cousin is working on one part since she was the church librarian for many years. I began extracting info from files in another file cabinet and I ran into stuff that is genealogy related. So now my focus is thinking of going in that direction. I plan to talk to the pastor and see if he is OK with me doing this.

I know the local genealogy society would love to have the information. They have quite the collection built up much is donations of information from individuals.
Oh, I hope he goes for it. It will be such a gift for anyone researching the area and families in it. I love historical and genealogy societies. And courthouse records and family bibles and anything that links us to our past.