View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I struggled with that a lot when I first started digitally scrapping on-line. I would blur faces for awhile and then I started adding pieces from whatever kit was on the page (like a flower over the face that matched the flowers on the page itself - when I printed, I removed them). Then, one day, I printed a bunch of pages and they came back with no faces!
I felt like trying to "hide" became a huge thing and it did not make me happy. I found myself spending way too much extra time covering up my page instead of spending that time creating. Once, I pulled back on the hiding part, I was much happier.
Now, I am careful what I scrap, still, but I don't hide faces or most of my journaling. I do not do pages of other's kids (like a school field trip) unless you can't really see them or I have permission. I don't share personal info in my journaling - school names, address, etc.
I am sure if a predator or whatever tried, they could figure it out, but otherwise, I just try to use common sense.
I create my pages to create joy - sharing them with family that are far away, sharing with other in the digi world to get feedback, and joy is what I like to get out of them for myself. I want to keep the joy!