View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 01:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Funniest/Awkward thing you've written?

I was trying to get in to the gallery this weekend, but real life got in the way (ie: my SIL is coming on Wed and we still aren't unpacked so I had to kick my toosh in gear to hang shelving so I can organize the junk--err, stuff). But as I was thinking about giving myself some time in the gallery, I got to reminiscing about some of the funny/wild comments that I've made in the past. With that, it got me thinking. Have you ever made a funny or awkward comment, that you look back and think "What was I thinking?"

I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours

Once upon a time, back when I was an SMG for ScrapMatters, I came across a hunting layout with a dead deer. Backstory, I'm not a hunter. Never hunted a day in my life. Don't mind those who do hunt, but I don't really enjoy seeing photos of dead/bloody animals. I couldn't focus on anything else so I wrote I hope no animals were harmed in the making of this layout " and moved on to the next layout. It was my "job". We had to comment on the layouts, every layout had to have a comment (not just by us, but in general all layouts had to have at least 1 comment). There weren't any comments made on that layout as I sure everyone else went right past it, on to the next layout! So I made my comment, moved on and never went back to edit it to something generic like "nice".

That's been years ago, but I still think about it. I think about what that scrapper thought of my comment--were they upset that I made that comment? Did they find it funny (I was trying to be funny). But then there are days I think about that scrapper and I feel like I need to apologize for trying to make a joke out of a layout that they've created about their memory. So if you are that scrapper, I'm sorry I made a joke of your layout.

What about you? Have you ever done anything like that or made a funny comment while browsing the gallery? I know of someone (not pointing fingers) who wanted to change "clustering" to "clumping"--that makes me chuckle still when I think about it or I type something about clusters!