View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default My experience with lamination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Roselli View Post
Thanks girls! My oldest son is on Spring Break this week - so we took it upon ourselves to research and experiment this today! Our results are -
Snip 8<...
Hi Heather...

You have been busy!

I have made several of these kinds of projects (i.e. chore chart, calendar) and used the Con-Tact paper and gotten ok results...but it wasn't very sturdy (solid/straight). Sheet protectors "move" since they are loose and figured they would frustrate the kids more than anything if trying to write or erase on them.

I bought a package of the heat sealing laminate from Office Depot...made projects and brought them back in for them to seal them (they just had me keep my receipt to show I bought it there...but that was several years ago). It was excellent! It was a calendar that I added magnets to the back and put on the frig. I used PERMANENT Sharpie markers if it was something that repeated every week at that time (i.e. bowling or Scouts), and used dry erase for things I would erase at the end of that month or week (I had made both a weekly calendar and a monthly). If you want to ERASE the Sharpie...you get a WHITE eraser...something in it will erase the Sharpie from the calendar.

I have also used the laminate back in the Office Max production area for projects...it seems to CURL as it didn't seem to be as "strong" as the single sheets I bought in a box.

I do have a Xyron (only 5" wide) that has a laminate cartridge...I haven't tried a dry erase project with it yet. ...but if you want me to try it...just reply and I'll make up a quick sample.

Are you going to make something fun for us homeschooling moms?

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 03-17-2009 at 11:35 AM.