View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 08:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kids went back today.

Here they offered 3 options (we have less than 1000 cases in our county of almost 100,000 people). Completely virtual self paced, a Distance learning model which mirrors the in person learning and then in person learning. No staggered starts or anything like that.

We went with in person, my kids wanted it, I'm still working from home, and I assume I will be until the new year, but just in case, I'd rather be prepared.

Pre-K to 4th Grade, we have one dedicated teacher per elementary building that is offering the distance learning, so essentially, that teacher's class is online.

The upper grades, the distance learners are required to log in at the same exact times that the in person kids are attending classes and their poor teachers are basically teaching to two different groups of kids.

We had about 30 percent of our district pick some sort of distance learning from what I understand.

Today seemed to go well. Although, I wasn't loving the environment when I dropped Keira off at the high school. Lots of kids not wearing masks, not social distancing, or not wearing the masks correctly. I was worried about the bus, but that doesn't seem like it's an issue, at least not today it wasn't for my big kids.

Tomorrow is a new day.