View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey42 View Post
The kids are getting older. They are not as 'cute' as they were (though they are still adorable, the antics of a 10 year old are less photogenic, or frequent, than the antics of a 4 year old in my opinion). They play different ways that don't capture well.
I feel that way about journaling even more so than pictures. My 4 year old still says lots of adorable things that are concise enough for me to remember and jot down a few minutes later. I can describe what she's doing/playing/thinking in a few sentences, so it's easy to "capture" her in my journaling or PL album.

My boys (10 and 7) are much harder. Sure, I can easily write a list of what they're playing with or what they're reading. But their thoughts and conversations are longer and more complex, and they're playing video games or games with defined rules (like Pokemon) rather than making up imaginative games that I can photograph or write about. For my 10 year old, I also feel like he's old enough to want his privacy. So my journaling about him is much more factual (good grade on a test, who he had over to play, what books he's reading) and less about his personality and how he sees the world.