View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 10:05 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

First off congratulations on the weight loss - that is no small feat!!!!

I totally understand the plateau and the mindset. I believe losing weight is 90% in your head. If your head isn't on the journey then the rest of you isn't either, KWIM? Kinda like training a dog - where the head leads the body will follow.

I'm another Noomie. They deal with the mind - why and how you eat and ways to change that or to just believe in yourself. I was doing great - lost 48 pounds and then I had a few things that gave me huge stumbling blocks - first, my youngest daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy, and in the middle of that my goal coach got a promotion and I got a new coach. I loved my first one - I could tell she really listened to me and had great advice when I was struggling. To be fair, this one might be great too, but my goal coach is a man now and I just don't connect with him. I've thought about asking for a new one and having them rewind me to the first two weeks and giving myself a push that way. To be honest I've gained about 10 pounds of that and I'm so scared I'm going to keep gaining because - LIFE is just so freaking hard right now. I think I see a bit of a rainbow in there right now, but this past year has been tremendously difficult, topping it off with us scheduling back surgery for my daughter right after she graduates from high school - the surgeon said she could wait until she finished her senior year. It's so hard to watch your kids go through things and there's nothing you can do to fix it for them. So hard. And chocolate does not make it better - but my brain still thinks it does