View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a separate checking account that my paypal is hooked to...it started when I was designing and need a separate bank account but now that I am not I just keep it. We follow the Dave Ramsey plan loosely for budget and such. I get what we call "blow" money each month that I move into my account and I spend it on what I want no questions asked...I deposit Christmas money, birthday money etc into that as well so I can spend it on things that I want too. I remember way back when we first started to get out of debt and we had a HUGE fight over scrapbook stickers...he doesn't even remember but I still have those stickers and NEVER used them! LOL They were $4 but it was a big deal bc we were on a super tight budget. It is so much better now that we have no debt and are just finishing up the mortgage (4.5 years left here) and saving for kids college and retirement.
I would look at your budget and see if you can set aside a certain amount for each of you for fun money...for hobbies, coffee, lunch with a friend etc...$30 a month, $50 or even $10...