View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

#13 - Journal - Every Single Day

Since this is a journaling challenge, and the font is hard to read at 700px, here's what it says:
Every day, around 5pm, Maggie starts watching for her papa. If he's much later than 6, she stations herself within ten feet of the door to the garage and refuses to move. It's sweet, but when he's out of town, it can be a problem. Because the later it gets, the closer she gets to the door. Jim was gone for 4 nights when he moved Veronica to Portland; he came home for two nights, and then left again for the Toastmasters International Convention, which meant another 5 nights away. Around about Thursday of that week, I found Maggie sitting with her nose just inches away from the garage door. It was simultaneously the sweetest and saddest thing I've seen from her. Try as I might, I couldn't distract her, and by the time I was ready for bed, she was barking at every little noise. I finally took her into the garage to try and prove to her that Jim wasn't home. She saw the Prius parked in the garage, and proceeded to run laps around it, looking for him. On lap #3, she sat down by the driver's side door and refused to move until I opened it. She sat up on her hind legs, and I could tell the moment she realized the car was empty ... her ears drooped. I think it's sweet that Maggie looks forward to Jim's arrival each day. But sometimes, can't help but feel annoyed. I'm quite certain that, when I'm gone, she doesn't look forward to my return with quite so much fervor. Oh well .. maybe I can be Charlie’s favorite.