Thread: Summer plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Tammy - I'm copying over the photos right now. I did some checking and its not the EHD, its the USB port on the computer that is failing. I have lost thousands of photos from failed computer drives over the last 10 years so now I have doubles of all digi and photo files but I had overlooked this drive when doing my copies last yr. So luckily now I am getting my copies and the drive is working fine...whew.

As for B, yes, after almost 1.5 yrs, she is finally out of the hospital. This is a fully monitored care home (across the street from the beach...yay) and we are finally able to take her outdoors. Unfortunately, this is only a temporary placement as it's meant to be the bridge between hospital and home care but in B's case, it will mean another care home placement (not home) that will be more permanent. They have to assess her case every 3 mths but they figure she'll be there 8-12 months. It'll also depend on waiting lists too to get in somewhere else. For now, we're happy she is safe, we can take her out and the staff are very good there.
I'm so glad it's just the USB port & not the drive, Rae!! I'm SO paranoid about losing photos! I'm sorry you've lost so many.

It sounds like a really nice place for B to be. I hope you're able to find a good place for her next part of the journey. Will she be able to go home at some point?