Thread: Recipe share?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 11:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I make this so much that I don't use the recipe anymore. We love, love this! I have started dicing up zucchini and squash as well as the peas and carrots in it. Extra color and more veggies. I cook my rice in the instapot and let it cool ahead of time. I also have a second instapot going with the chicken that I cook and then use a mixer to shred it up and set to the side for later as well.

We also will sometimes grill teriyaki shrimp as well ...nothing fancy with the shrimp. I put shrimp in a gallon sized bag with teriyaki sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Let it marinade all day then grill. I rarely measure my ingredients.

3 cups Jasmine rice cooked and chilled
1/2 pound skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 cup peas and carrots frozen
1 medium yellow onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 large eggs
¼ cup soy sauce

Instructions
Heat the sesame oil in a large wok on medium high heat.*
Add the veggies, onion, and garlic to the wok, and cook 'til somewhat tender but still slightly crisp, maybe 3 to 5 minutes.
Make a well in the middle of the veggies, and scramble the eggs into the veggies.
Stir the chicken into the mixture.
Then add the rice and stir it into the mixture, mixing everything together really well.
Add the soy sauce and stir fry everything together.
When everything has been heated thoroughly, it's ready to serve and enjoy.
Notes
*Make sure all of your ingredients are ready to go before you heat the sesame oil. It will be a super quick cook time, so it's important to have everything ready to go.

https://adventuresofmel.com/chicken-fried-rice/